FILH – International Hispanic Book Fairs:
Our FILH program – International Hispanic Book Fairs – is an initiative of the Colombian writer Pilar Vélez, president of the Hispanic Heritage Literature Organization / Milibrohispano. The FILH have the following purposes:
* Promote Hispanic literature.
* Encourage appreciation for a multicultural society by encouraging participation, diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities.
* Support the work of writers, poets, composers and journalists who practice the trade in countries other than their origin.
* Unite the Hispanic community around the preservation of the Spanish language and promote the intangible cultural heritage as a legacy to future generations.
The project includes the creation of 23 FILH for the following countries where Spanish is the official language or the second language: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Venezuela, Guinea Equatorial and the United States.
To date, the following FILH have been established:
- FILARG – Director Daniel Mongelli
- FILCOL – Director Pilar Vélez.
- FILVEX – Director Massiel Alvarez.
- FILDOM – Director Edgar Smith.
- FILECU – Cultural Ambassador for Galapagos Islands, Flor Viviana Naranjo Freire.
This cultural crusade would not be possible without the support of the community of writers, artists, schools, embassies, colleges, universities, public and private companies. We encourage the community to join this project. If you are interested in supporting us, please write to Milibrohispano@gmail.com